Scientific Documentation, Images & Graphics
Scientists need to present their experiments and results in an attractive and convincing way - this is supported by a professional team. Members of the Digital Imagining, Computer Graphics and Scientific Documentation Unit
- design science posters from start to finish. Using modern layout and image processing programmes like QuarkXpress and Photoshop more than 200 posters per year are produced.
- create flyers and brochures for science conferences and for public events of the institute. The service spectrum of the graphics team ranges from setting the texts and the layout of the images, figures and illustrations to the final printing (maximum edition of 500).
- reproduce digital image files of DNA and protein gels, electron microscope images, slides and scientific drawings wich are used in PowerPoint presentations, posters or in data archiving.
- propose in cooperation with the scientists designs for the cover pages of scientific journals, in which institute researchers publish important results of their work. Their success is remarkable: The design work of the Dortmund layout team has already been accepted by renowned journals several times.
- contribute to the design and maintenance of the online presence of the institute, and take care of the online presence of associated institutions like the Chemical Genomic Centre
- support scientists at designing figures for publications and dissertations